Would you like to contribute your time and skills to iDE's mission of creating income and livelihood opportunities for the rural poor? Consider volunteering at iDE. Most volunteer opportunities are at our head office near Denver, Colorado, though there are occasionally volunteer opportunities in other locations.
Opportunities Outside the U.S.
Communications Specialist - iDE Cambodia - iDE Cambodia is seeking a volunteer Communications Specialist to develop a communications strategy for iDE Cambodia; to develop English-language communications material in various media; and to develop and mentor local communications staff. The Communications Specialist should have education and minimum 2 years' experience in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or other relevant field and should be available to be in Cambodia for six or more months. For full details, including how to apply, please download the position description.
U.S. based volunteer opportunities >
Current Volunteer Needs/Internships - U.S. (Denver, Colorado area)
Please apply for all open volunteer positions/internships by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position for which you are applying.
iDE is currently seeking a volunteer who is detail oriented and able to work independently. This position starts immediately and prefers a 3 month commitment of 15-20 hours per week, depending upon availability. This position will provide administrative support to multiple departments on various types of projects and tasks, including:
- Produce weekly "thank you" letters (printing address labels, stuffing envelopes, scanning signed thank you notes, linking file to donor profile in Salesforce)
- Assembling Donor Packets (printing, sorting, and creating packets)
- Data entry (Salesforce)
- Proofing documents and donor correspondence
- Conducting phone calls to promote upcoming events
- Sorting, scanning, and creating "readable" text (Adobe Acrobat Pro) of historical iDE Program files
- Assisting the Office Manager with daily routine items
Business Development Intern
iDE is seeking a qualified, capable and hard-working individual to work at the headquarters office in Golden, Colorado. This individual will support the New Business Development team but some flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the organization as a whole. Responsibilities include:
- Proposal support—writing, formatting, condensing, editing, etc.
- Knowledge management (including digitizing/organizing older project documents, data entry, etc.)
- Web and database research on potential donors/funders and creation of donor profiles
- Compiling and verifying past grant information from all countries. This will entail looking at our history, reconciling project information (donor, start/end date, value of grant/project, description, etc.) and confirming with field offices. The ultimate goal is to have data at our fingertips to accurately report on corporate capabilities/past projects in all iDE countries
- Support creating additional marketing materials and position papers
- Conference identification, planning and attendance
- Receiving, filtering and disseminating information relevant to international development